Matterbeam Privacy Notice
Last Updated: October 26, 2023
- What personal information we collect and when it is collected
- Why we collect personal information
- How your information is used and protected
- When and with whom your information is shared
- Your choices regarding your personal information
The information we learn from users helps us not only provide the Service but also to personalize and continually improve each user’s experience with the Service. Here are the types of information we may gather:
The types of information that Matterbeam may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following categories listed below. We may receive this information when it is provided directly to us by you (including through interaction with our Services), our business partners, and in some cases, certain trusted service providers we work with. We may also obtain information from other sources such as publicly available sources.
- Business Contact Information; such as your name, phone number, postal address and email address. Please note that you don’t need to create an account to view the free version of our Service, however if you create an account on the Matterbeam platform, we may ask you for certain limited personally identifiable information as a part of the sign up process;
- Company Information; such as your company’s name, website, and a short business description;
- Account and Authentication Information; such as usernames and passwords to set up your account and photos if you choose to upload a profile picture;
- Payment Information; such as your credit card number, CVV code and expiration date for payment processing;
- Geolocation Information; may also be collected (with varying degrees of accuracy) to provide our Services and improve your user experience if you allow us access to your location through your device permissions.
You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features.
Like many other websites, we also collect information through cookies and other automated means when you use our Service. Information of this sort includes without limitation the following categories:
- Technical information about your browser and mobile device: This information is used to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
- Usage information: such as browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of Matterbeam Services and a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site, and the site you exit to.
We will respect your choices relating to on-line tracking, whether you choose to reject individual cookies or set your web browser to reject cookies and other tracking technology. However, refusing a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, the Service or certain areas or features of the Service.
Crashes and error reports: If you encounter a crash or error while using our Service, we may generate a crash report that includes technical, usage and, if you are logged in, your account information so that we can diagnose and potentially prevent the problem in the future.
We may also collect, use and share aggregate and/or deidentified information that does not identify you as permitted by applicable laws. For example, we may collect, analyze and share statistical information about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information in order to measure and improve our Services.
We may use the information we collect about you in the following situations:
- To provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- To provide customer service and communicate with you about the Service;
- To create de-identified and aggregate information;
- For troubleshooting and quality assurance purposes;
- To process payments;
- For marketing, surveys, research and analytics;
- To develop new products and Services;
- To protect the rights and property of Matterbeam, our users, and others;
- To detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, and security issues;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, and
- To carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We may share the information we collect about you in the following circumstances:
- Within Matterbeam and our future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf;
- With our business partners;
- With your consent, including if you intentionally interact with third-parties on our site;
- In connection with the sale, transfer or financing of a significant part of Matterbeam business or its assets;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request; and
- As required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process.
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal information within our organization. We want you to feel confident using the Services, however no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account with us has been compromised), please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Services access information and password and for restricting access to your device, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password.
You can make a request to access and change your personal information we may store by contacting us via email at email@example.com. To further protect privacy, these requests may be subject to identity verification.
If you would like to update your preferences, or opt out of marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the opt out instructions in the marketing communications. Please note that we will honor your marketing opt-out preferences, but we may continue to send transactional communications related to the Services.
We retain your personal information as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws.
We restrict use of the Service to individuals age 18 and above, and do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.